Saturday, December 20, 2008

The "Twilight" Series


If you have a daughter between the ages of 10 and 30, you have undoubtedly heard of the "Twilight" movie. It is a modern day vampire/love story. My daughters, ages 17 and 23 have been to see it 3 times. I went to see it once and I just didn't "get it". Meaning, I didn't understand the draw, the attraction, what makes a person pay $9.75 x 3. What the "Twilight" movie did do for me, however, was the joy of watching my daughters get into reading again and, let me tell you, that is worth the price of admission. Stephenie Meyer is the author of "Twilight" and she has also written 3 other books, sequels to it. My daughters have both purchased all 3 of these books and have finished 2 of them! This is saying a lot since my oldest daughter does not enjoy, nor seems to have the time to read. These are not little books either. Breaking Dawn is 754 pages. So, Stephenie Meyer, here is a jumping high five to you, "uhh"!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I loved all 4 books so did my 17 year old daughter. We saw the movie 3 times and I am itchin' to see it one more time and I already have my email in at amazon.com to be notified when I can pre-order it. The books are way better than the movie and I loved the movie. You should read the book. I swear it will suck you in and you will read all 4 in a week.

    ReplyDelete


If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No need to point out my mistakes, I have family for that.