Saturday, January 31, 2009
"It depends on how you use it," I said.
"What do you mean?"
"Well," I said, "if you are having a discussion about Heaven and Hell, then it's not a cuss word."
"So...like...it would be okay to say, 'Hell with it. Praise the Lord?'!"
Friday, January 30, 2009
This is a picture of me, circa 1967 or so. I am playing with my cackerpickers. I used to go to the big tree in granny grump's backyard and put a bunch of caterpillars in that white box. I would then take one and chase my granny through the house with it. She would run from me, screaming for my mom to get me...I am laughing about it now.
Then I would go outside and take them out of the box and let them crawl up my legs...it tickled. Then, my little sister (2 years younger) would come out on the porch and stomp on them, squishing them as I was trying to rescue them by putting them back in the box.
I think I'll get even with her by posting some of her old pictures here...revenge is best served cold.
Here's my crappy craft project. It takes about 5 seconds to make. Hey, I added the coffee beans all by myself and it was my idea.
Well, I guess I've lost it. I no longer have my gift. I was informed this week about two pregnancies and I had no fish dreams. Man, am I bummed! That was my only gift, my only talent, my only ability, my only thing. I definitely should have had at least 1 fish dream because the young lady is related. Dang!
A Wiener in the Snow
I'll let you decide which weiner is in the snow...
The old man here is 13. I can only get him to go outside twice a day.
Some Pics for John
Here's the firepit, Babe. Just wanted you to see how much snow we finally ended up getting. It's pretty bad when you go to Russia and get out of the cold. Did you get one of those big Dr. Zhivago hats yet?
Now I'm going to have to look up what that part of a sundial is called. It will drive me crazy if I don't.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I was thinking maybe this camera. I got this camera for Christmas and I love it. It retails for about $250, so it keeps me in my budget.
Even I can take good pictures with it and I suck. When my son gets ahold of it (see Lulu's slide show), it absolutely Sings!! The question is, will this camera appeal to a large number of people? I know it will appeal to bloggers, but what about the general public who is online searching for free stuff to win? Since that is where most of my traffic comes from, I need to appeal to those people.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- The worldwide emergency number for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you and, on some devices, 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked.
- If you have a remote keyless entry and you lock your keys in your car, you can call your spouse or some at home who has the other keyless entry. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at home press the unlock buton, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. This works even if the person is hundreds of miles away.
- If the battery in your cell phone is very low, press *3370#. Your mobile will restart with this reserve and show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your mobile the next time.
- How to disable a stolen mobile phone. Right now, while you are thinking about it, write down your mobile's serial number. You do this by keying in *#06#. A 15-digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. If your phone gets stolen, call your service provider and give them this code. They can then block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everyone did this, there would be no point in people stealing cell phones. Score one for the good guys!
- We do not use 411 often because it costs us money. All you have to do is dial (800)FREE411 or (800)373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program it into your cell phone now. I haven't tried this yet, so I imagine you will have to listen to an ad, but, hey, it's free right?
I am glad I was hungry when I went to the grocery yesterday. Snowed in today with the two girls, a lot of food, some firewood and board games. Not going to be too bad a day after all.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Lester helped me finish cleaning the house and she gave the dogs a bath. She didn't put Winnie's pad down fast enough so Winifred left a tootsie roll on her freshly mopped floor...oops!
Lulu got in trouble for head-butting Starbuck, knocking his treat out of his mouth, then eating it. To add insult to injury, she started humping him, vigorously, a few minutes later. The poor guy couldn't catch a break.