Saturday, January 10, 2009

Before and After Remodeling Projects

I wanted to do a post about the huge remodeling project we did in the spring of 2008. But then I got a little nostalgic and decided to share some of our many projects, a.k.a. "wild hairs", that we have had over the years. Our poor house has taken the abuse of a bunch of complete amateurs and is still standing. God bless her.
This is a picture of our back patio "before", with its awful, two-tiered wooden deck that everyone was afraid to walk across because of the likelihood of getting a foot full of splinters. It was surrounded by the fastest growing bushes in Ohio that were impossible to stay on top of.


This is our patterned paver patio "after" (say that 3 times fast). Yes, we did this all by ourselves. Our daughter, yes, I said daughter (the fighter), moved 20 TONS of gravel from the driveway around to the back of the house. This whole project took about 1 month from the time we started ripping out the deck and bushes.

This is one of the very first projects I attempted on my own. I couldn't take this kitchen anymore. You can understand why.

This is what happened after I got my hands on some molding, paint and black tiles.


This was a project of mine and my daughter's in 2007. We were bored.

This is the family room now. At first, I felt like I was in a sports bar. But now I like it. I'm still trying to figure out how to hide those cords. But I like the addditional space in the room after moving out that huge tv armoire.

This was the front of our house a few years ago. The metal door was being rusted through at the bottom because of the northern exposure. It was getting pelted by all this lovely Ohio weather.


This is the front of our house now. I did a fantastic job, didn't I? JUST KIDDING! This is a homearama house...lol.

This is our house after the new front door and portico. It may not be the homearama house, but everyone is welcome!

2 comments:

  1. WOW. Everything looks amazing!

    We're going to start a renovation in the spring. I feel overwhelmed thinking about everything, but you've just inspired and motivated me! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job. Who needs a homearama house anywway, right!

    ReplyDelete


If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No need to point out my mistakes, I have family for that.