Thursday, February 19, 2009

Purse Tag

Becky at In The Trenches tagged me for this meme which is a lot of fun, so I thought I would participate. I followed the rules, hence my extreme embarassment.

Here are the rules:

1. Post a picture of the current bag you are carrying. You cannot go into your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house.

2. I want to know how much it cost:) This is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. After all, that's why we are all here. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.

3. Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why you are doing this.


This is my purse. I bought it at Macy's for $135. Oh my, I could be in trouble now. I told John, "Oh, it's just one of those cheap mall purses." Becky, I may have to come stay with you when he reads this post. I'm kidding, he doesn't care.

I like it because it's huge! (That's what she said.) In it, I keep my camera, with case, my notebook, in case I get a good idea (oops! maybe I need a light bulb for that), plus all of the normal stuff like my wallet, checkbook and assorted beauty products.

I can't believe I just used the corny light bulb joke. You've got to be really old to get that one!!

The embarassing thing is...this is the purse I posted about awhile back. It's the one I spilled a mocha latte into. And I am still carrying it. It still has chocolate in it. Oh well, I love the chocolate purse and I am going to continue to carry it.

Now, to tag some chicks. I think I'll tag...

Sarah at Holden Happenings. You never know what Sarah is going to be carrying. I can't wait to see what you have going on now, girlfriend.

How about Yaya atYaya Stuff? You seem like you have a very funky, neat style. I bet you're carrying something interesting. I can't wait to see it.

Let's also tag Tara at Too Much Information. I bet you have the most stylish purse in the bunch. Something so pretty and perfect, and we would never be able to find one like it anywhere.

I want to see what Debbie from Suburb Sanity is carrying. If it is one of those ___sacks like she showed on her blog yesterday, I am going to die laughing.

How about you Mrs. Parks from The Parks Farm? Please tell me you are carrying a purse in the shape of a turtle. That would be awesome.

DADDY'S HOME!!

Nobody gets more excited to see daddy than his Lulu. He is the only one that can still pick her up and she loves it. She has one of those faces that always looks so sad that you feel bad for her and you try to do everything you can to make her happy.


John wanted an English Bulldog for years. I finally caved, and when I found Lulu on the internet, I had to get her. I am so glad I did. He's crazy about her. I wish I would have gotten one sooner.

8 comments:

  1. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I love when you quote the Office.

    Kindred spirits, I tell you.

    Although I have never spent $135 on a purse. My husband WOULD kill me. I'd rather spend it on scrapbooking :)

    Glad John made it home safely. I'm sure you'll have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have a huge purse. I tried a smaller one, but I hated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, girl, that's a big purse. I try to carry to smallest one possible so that I won't shove a bunch of stuff into it like I did for years. One time, years ago, my mom, sister and I all weighed our purses. My mom's topped out at 20 lbs. Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like a WINNER!!!
    I am SO excited you picked ME!
    I love your bag and I can't wait to show mine tomorrow : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You did it! Thanks for being honest. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother has a bulldog! So cute!

    NEVER tell the hubby the actual price of the purse! ONLY tell him how much you SAVED on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to do this one! Thanks for tagging me. What do you think I'm going to show? Oh, scary!

    ReplyDelete


If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No need to point out my mistakes, I have family for that.