Saturday, February 14, 2009

Young Love

This is what my baby gave to her boyfriend for Valentine's Day. She had these bottles of Jones Root Beer made up with their picture on them. I didn't even know you could have that done until the UPS guy came last night and delivered them. You can drink the root beer and everything. Isn't that a cute idea? Adorable, precious and all of that?

And this is what my baby's boyfriend gave to her:
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! A diamond ring? Look at those fingernails. You are just a baby!

Look at that face! Look at those faces! They are babies! Stop using the "M" word right this instant!
All I can hear in my head right now is Gus from My Big Fat Greek Wedding saying, "Why do you want to leeeeave me?"

Stop growing up right now before I ground you!! I hate young love! Don't go! Come back! You forgot your blankie!

Wait! I forgot to tell you something.........

I love you.

Oh, and HAPPY FREAKIN' VALENTINE'S DAY.

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww! Congratulations! That ring is beautiful!!!

    And the soda-such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Oh wait, she's not my daughter.
    Love the ring : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness gracious! I freak out when my FRIENDS get engaged. I cannot imagine how I'll be if/when I ever have children who do such silly things! :)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, young love.

    I got engaged for the first time when I was sixteen years old. What were my parents thinking?!

    Luckily, that didn't work out (though it was devastating at the time).

    Keep a smile on your face, and a shoulder to lean on at the ready. That way you will be prepared either way.

    How old is she, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soda pop is soo neat!!! I haven't seen anything like it before.

    Maybe it will be a really LONG engagement~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Root Beer. As for the ring, I can barely deal with college coming up, I don't even want to think about that. Just tell her she has to be engaged for ten years, then she can get married.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no!!!! i never want that day to come! the root beer was cute though! hope you are ok. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lock her in her room - right now!
    They are cute together and that soda is the best gift.

    ReplyDelete


If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No need to point out my mistakes, I have family for that.